Breaking News

Almagro:'I was unlucky to face Rafael Nadal three times at the French Open'

In an interview to El Mundo, the former top ten player Nicolas Almagro explained how it felt like to face Rafael Nadal three times at the French Open. "I had the bad luck to have him in front of me but, like I always say, thinking about what I could have been and I was not, is not worthy. I gave the 100 per cent on all the surfaces and on some, I did better than others. I went the way I thought was correct to take the best out of me and I enjoyed with the biggest excitement of every moment", said Almagro, who retired from the professional tennis at Murcia Challenger. "My behaviour may have influenced me some times, but I was able to learn. I tried not to make too many times in a row the same mistakes because I knew it was not good for me. But I was honest. I said many things that I should have kept for myself. But I am like this, like my game, direct, aggressive. I could not be liked by everyone. Who I was liked by, liked me a lot. Otherwise, they hated me."

On his one-handed backhand, Almagro added: "It's a natural shot, that I started hitting imitating my brother Baltasar. Antonio made this shot of mine better and from there all my coaches tried to take the best out of this shot. Sometimes my opponents didn't expect so much power. Also, they told me that the serve was the key in the game. In tense situations, it gave me some calmness."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vvzmp1

No comments