Breaking News

ATP Madrid - Wednesday Schedule: Rafael Nadal starts run

Rafael Nadal will start his run in Madrid on Wednesday. The Spaniard will face Felix Auger-Aliassime for the first time in his career. Nadal has not prepared at his best for Madrid as he dealt with an upset stomach. Simona Halep will open the schedule on the Manolo Santana Stadium facing Viktoria Kuzmova.

Naomi Osaka will face Aliaksandra Sasnovich. The night session will be opened by the defending champion Petra Kvitova who will play against Caroline Garcia, then Alexander Zverev competes against David Ferrer. The Spaniard defeated the German in Miami on hard courts and he is playing his last tournament in career. On the Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Stadium Kei Nishikori starts as a favorite against Hugo Dellien. Stefanos Tsitsipas, who is coming from his triumph in Estoril, will compete against the Frenchman lucky loser Adrian Mannarino, then Borna Coric or Lucas Pouille play against Hubert Hurkacz. Fernando Verdasco faces Karen Khachanov. The 2013 finalist Stan Wawrinka will face a tough clay-courter like Guido Pella who has won the Sao Paulo title this year and lost a tight straight-set match against Rafael Nadal in Monte Carlo last month.

On why he wrote a letter to The Times about the tough time men's tennis is going through, Wawrinka said: "I think I have always been saying what I think in general. Already, when some things were happening at the beginning of the year, I was talking freely. I really wanted to have this opportunity to write this letter and I wanted to really write what I was feeling, the way I was feeling, the way I was seeing things in general in to the tennis tour and I'm happy I did it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PRrGXz

No comments