Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Rafael Nadal made my 2017 Australian Open final special'

In an interview to El Pais, Roger Federer recalled his 2017 Australian Open five-set final win over Rafael Nadal. The Swiss player cannot still believe at how great that match was. "I may not have seen as many highlights as I did with the last half an hour of the match. I do not know why, but they sent me a million videos and best shots collection, and I started seeing them because I could not believe I won that match and even the title. That will always be one of the most unforgettable moments in my entire career. In other big matches that key element, that they were not against Rafa, may have missed. You have many other matches, but this is definitely at the very top. The last 20 minutes were very special", said the Basel native.

On how important his family is, Federer added: "I also have a sister, no brother... My mother was unbelievably important in my life. First, the daughters came, I loved them the most and then the kids came, nothing happens (laughter). They were so nice, sweet... My wife was a very big support, an amazing person. Over my long career, she has always supported me, she was my best wife and mother. I always feel that the women had a lot to see with how I am. I am very grateful to them."

Federer would then win his eighth Wimbledon following the triumph in Melbourne. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Yfp34Q

No comments