Breaking News

Beating Rafael Nadal in Rome is my dream, says Matteo Berrettini

In an interview with La Gazzetta Regionale, Matteo Berrettini was asked what would be his dream title and against what player. The Italian replied: "I would say Wimbledon against Roger Federer but I may not have too much time left (laughter). So I tell you Rome against the king of clay Rafael Nadal."

Asked about an Italian tennis player and a footballer who will become famous in ten years, Berrettini replied: "They speak so well about Jannik Sinner, who was born in 2001 and he is already on the top 300 rankings. I do not personally know him but they say he already has a professional player's attitude. In football it's Federico Chiesa of FC Fiorentina, you can see he is a great player and Moise Kean of Juventus."

Analyzing his success over Filip Krajinovic in the Budapest Open final, Berrettini concluded: "It was a really tough match. The conditions [were tough], it was cold and windy. The balls were moving a lot. So I was really focused on my game. After the first set, I just told myself to fight game after game, point after point and I'm really happy because it was really difficult. I was winning not too much and I think the key was my serve. I improved a lot in my backhand. Those were the keys. My forehand, especially on the clay, is a good weapon. Today was a great day for my forehand. But during the tournament, my backhand and my serve helped me a lot."

Berrettini is playing the Estoril Open this week.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IZ4INn

No comments