Breaking News

Borna Coric targets Grand Slam glory: 'I can go far at the French Open'

In press conference in Umag, Borna Coric was asked what's his ultimate goal. "Winning Umag and a Grand Slam, I hope. Hopefully, it's now. Clay is my best surface, I feel most comfortable there and I do not see why I should not make that breakthrough", said Coric referring to the French Open. "I do not think I will have mental setbacks. I simply lost to a better player. This year, with a good draw and a bit of luck, I wish I can go beyond."

On his split with his coach Christian Schneider, who cannot travel due to health reasons and who will be replaced by Antonio Veić, Coric added: "Certainly it's not a good situation. Kiki and I did great things. All that I achieved was done with him. It must have hit him a bit but that's life. For some things, you are not just ready and you have to adapt. Antonio Veić is a great guy, he joined the team like if he was there for two years. I am very happy with him but I am sorry he is not there."

Recalling his last year's Davis Cup title, Coric concluded: "It's something special, amazing. It was not just for me but for the whole team and Croatia. When we won the Davis Cup for the first time I was 10 years old and I was like, What if he won it one day."

Coric will play the Madrid Open next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JinU8o

No comments