Breaking News

Coach shares how Dominic Thiem's season suddenly turned

In an interview to Ubitennis, Dominic Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu commented on how the Austrian player came back to his best shape after going through two first bad months of the year. "Dominic is doing okay, winning in Indian Wells was a good confidence boost", said Massu. "The physical preparation is very important now. Since when I came a new fitness trainer was added, Duglas Cordero, from Cuba who followed me over the last two years of my career and who works with Fabio Fognini as well. Dominic was coming from some issues and we headed into Indian Wells two weeks early: we did a sort of preparation both on the court and off it to be fit again. And you could see the results; he won a final on the fast surface against the best player ever, beating players like Milos Raonic and Ivo Karlovic who are complicated to play against."

"The most important thing is to know the person. When we saw each other in Buenos Aires, I only knew him as a player. As the days go on, I realized that Dominic was a real, respectful and professional person who you can work with. The quality of his training sessions is his impressive. Over these two months, he always gave his best. And for me, it's very nice that he has this mindset. What I can do is to share my experience, how I felt on the court. I am still perfectly able to hit with him, and especially having faced players who are still on the Tour. That helps me to give him valuable advice. I played with a lot of players who are still on Tour. I see how the ball comes, the topspin, and I can really help me which motivates me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UWkoCR

No comments