Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'I always try to represent my country as best as I can'

Novak Djokovic tries to be not only a great tennis player but a great person too. In an interview to L'Equipe, he said: "Sometimes I wonder: should I get involved in politics, tennis or...? But everything I do, I try to do it conscientiously and in responsibility, spending all my time on that. I do not know how to do things halfway. I always try to help and represent my country as best I can. When l meet people in Serbia, when I talk to them, it brings me humility, which is the center of things. But I do not want to limit myself to my country, to love only them or to hate others. I love peace like to embrace the world."

Asked if his Slavic roots influenced his character, Djokovic replied: "We all have genetic memory. There are reasons to be born in a certain place at a certain time. My Slavic roots have affected my development and my tennis, for sure. I grew up during the war, under the bombs. I had to fight twice to succeed. I had to draw on myself twice as much as someone born elsewhere. I was finally lucky to live this experience, although I would not have said that at the time because it was terrible. But that drew the person I am."

The Belgrade native has been training in Marbella for a few days with his coach Marian Vajda preparing the upcoming Mutua Madrid Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PH55wP

No comments