Breaking News

Toni Nadal: 'As a kid Rafael could not do anything but make an effort'

In an interview, Toni Nadal explained why according to him the tennis training can be more important than the physical training. Rafael Nadal's uncle said: "In the beginning, I did not really care about the fitness preparation. I wanted him to prepare physically hitting the ball. Also, Rafael had not too much time because he also studied and played football. If we could train for two hours, I wanted him to be on a tennis court and, since we trained at a high intensity, you could prepare physically there. If you are a professional and you have the entire day to practice, taking care of the physical part is okay. But if you are a 10, 13-year-old kid, I would be committed more to the technical part. If you are available to listen, I think you will be a good coach. That's why seeing Djokovic and Federer and Murray practice in all the tournaments I went to, made me a better coach. I was from a little island and I would have liked to have someone who would give me advice. Having basic ideas and a good training schedule makes you improve."

"As a kid, Rafael could do anything but make an effort, because I did not want him to train even for an hour without giving his best. I was a player myself too, and I was running a lot on the court, I was struggling to hit a winner, to close the point. So this was the first thing I worked on with my players."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IUokCw

No comments