Breaking News

Coinciding with Roger Federer,Nadal helps you be perfectionist -Gonzalez

In an interview, the former player Fernando Gonzalez was asked what his career would have been if he did not coincide with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. "I would have won more matches at best, I would have had a higher ranking position, but I would not have been the good tennis player I was. Coinciding with the two best guys in history, without a doubt, help you be a perfectionist."

Asked if his 2007 Australian Open semifinals win over Tommy Haas was his best match ever, Gonzalez replied: "Yes without a doubt. But that match was bad because I hoped I would continue at this level. I kept playing well but I made more unforced errors."

Asked if he may become Davis Cup captain, Gonzalez replied: "The most important thing now is the Davis Cup, it's a big history, it's where there should be the greatest players of the world of tennis, the ones we want all to see, it means Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. Hopefully, they can be back playing with the new format."

On possibly becoming a Davis Cup captain, Gonzalez added: "I think Nicolas Massu is doing a great job, he has his technical team there, I think it's super important that his cycle ends. I would love to be there, if not now then in the future, because he is doing things well, then in some time of my life I would like to have the job that Nico now has."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vxnItz

No comments