Breaking News

Roger Federer on his family see him win Wimbledon: 'It was very emotional'

In an interview, Roger Federer recalled his 2012 Wimbledon final win over Andy Murray. The Swiss player's success came as a surprise in some ways, as himself admitted. "It was a very different situation because Novak Djokovic had that incredible run winning so many matches in a row, so many Grand Slams in a row before beating him at the French Open", said the Basel native, who waited five years until 2017 to triumph at the All England Club again.

"Everybody was talking about it, how incredibly well he was playing and 3-4 weeks later I was world No. 1 because I was able to beat him again in the semifinals of Wimbledon and then playing against Andy Murray in the final which was so emotional, there was a lot on the line as well, because if I won Andy Murray I would become world No. 1 in the world and break Pete Sampras's record of being world No. 1 for the most weeks. And for me, that was a big deal, one of the best matches of my life especially in the back and then started outdoors, finished indoors, that never happened to me as well so that was a premiere. Very fortunate that I was part of such a big story again, and my kids seeing them in the stands, clapping to me, and I walked past with my Wimbledon trophy. That was not a vision I had, that my family would see me winning Wimbledon, it was very emotional, very strong and I am happy that I have the opportunity to look back to that incredible memory on that incredible day."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PJsTjC

No comments