Breaking News

David Ferrer: 'You will see me in the French Open second week'

David Ferrer's post-career days are set to be busy. The Spaniard revealed it in a conference call in Madrid on Thursday. "I see myself in Javea, with my family, like I have been doing lately. It was a transition season where I played less. But you will see me in the second week of the French Open. I am happy to end a stage in order to start another one. I will play the Senior Tour, I am already studying to start co-operation as a commentator, improving my English and language. And I will work in the Academy run by my brother in Javea", said the 37-year-old, who will end his career in Madrid next week.

Then he revealed: "Sometimes I come back to see the last game I played against Philipp Kohlschreiber in Valencia (April 2018, Ferrer won 7-5 in the fifth set after almost five hours). I got so much support over the last months, I do not even know if I deserve all this. Now I end my career in Madrid because it's my home and here the best guys compete. And Feliciano Lopez is the Tournament Director too."

On Ferrer, the Karolina Pliskova's coach Conchita Martinez said: "Davis is making a farewell in several important tournaments and it's very good that his end happens here. He retires by competing, the way he wants."

Ferrer has achieved a career-high singles ranking at No. 3 in 2013.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WnEpU9

No comments