Breaking News

Del Potro happy with his progress, shares what his next event will be

Juan Martin del Potro lost to Laslo Djere in a three-set opening-round match in the Madrid Open on Wednesday. That was the Argentinean player's comeback since the Delray Beach Open in February. Del Potro will play his second consecutive tournament next week in Rome. He is, however, unsure about the French Open as he is not at his best yet from a knee injury. "Of course, I’d like to play in Paris. I have to defend semifinals but I go tournament by tournament. I have good feelings today, even if I didn’t get the result that I wanted and we decided to play Rome and if I have the same feelings like today, of course I'll be in Paris. I think when I fix all my knee problems the wrist will be my main problem, because I had three surgeries already on the left one and sometimes I couldn’t hit my backhand 100 per cent. But now it’s time to think about the knee and we’ll see what happens," said the 30-year-old Tandil native.

A few days ago, del Potro was asked his opinion about ATP Chief Executive Chris Kermode possibly retaining his position on the Board: "To be honest, I was out for the last month on the Tour and I didn't know specific things in what's happening in the last period of time. But to be honest, I have a great relationship with Chris. I like a lot him. He's a gentleman. And he's been doing a great work for us on Tour. I don't know what he's thinking now after all these problems, but my position is if he wants to come back and keep helping us on the Tour, I will be more than happy because I love to see him around us, working for us. Of course, the Tour's going on and I was hearing these things at home. But I don't -- I'm not the right person to say something. I have been dealing with many problems myself this time. But I think everybody has to be honest with themselves and then try to make the best decision for the tennis tour, for the tennis players and they have to be a smart and make their weight for the tennis as sport. We have to show a perfect match to the world and they have to work on that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Wyieed

No comments