Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'In Madrid it's tough. There are Federer, Nadal, Djokovic..'

In an interview, Dominic Thiem analyzed his recent results and upcoming tournaments. The Austrian player won the Barcelona Open defeating Daniil Medvedev in a straight-set final. "With this title in Barcelona, it's clear that I will head into Barcellona being very confident. When you win a tournament you always head into the following one with a lot of motivation, but you always have to be calm. Madrid is a tournament that fits my gamestyle and so I am very excited. It will not definitely be easy since the tournament features stars like Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, Zverev. I will try to give the best out of me in every match. Rafa is not at his best level but he is the favourite in any clay-court tournament", said the 25-year-old.

On his split with his coach Gunter Bresnik, Thiem added: "Gunter is a great guy. We have been practising together for 15 years and we achieved great things together, but I believe like in all sports it's Impossible to be with a person forever, and at some stage, I had to take decisions and do something new. With Nicolas Massu coming, I learned new things and I believe that's the most important thing in sports, improving as the days go on."

On how it felt to win his maiden Masters 1000 title, Thiem concluded: “I think Indian Wells was just amazing because I came from a very tough period. I had just split up with my coach. I somehow freed myself and I won the tournament. I didn’t know how or why that happened, so that was amazing - my first 1000 title, I didn’t expect it.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2He9EdZ

No comments