Breaking News

Dominic Thiem not sure to play Laver Cup with Roger Federer yet

In an interview to APA Herwig Straka commented on his new co-operation with Dominic Thiem as an agent. Straka said: "It's about confidence. I said in one of the many conversations: I am there to give advice in all the situations of my life. I am not one about sports. If I realize something is going wrong, I will tell it."

About the tournaments schedule, Straka added: "This is where I definitely will have an influence. As I said, there are still two question marks, I still have to negotiate. It's about the Laver Cup or St. Petersburg and the second is where he plays in Asia. I just negotiated today, Laver Cup seems very likely but it's not solved yet", said Straka. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are the first two players confirmed for the Laver Cup.

Asked if some new team members may be added, maybe for the grass season, Straka replied: "For him clay is the most important part of the season. If grass is or would be an important part for him, he will bring someone. But surfaces are pretty similar because Paris is becoming faster while Wimbledon is getting slower."

"In Indian Wells, it was surprising that Dominic approached me. I saw him coming but I didn't make a step. I was always interested, that's not a secret. On the top 20 rankings, there is no one who has a coach and agent combined. Now everyone has at least five people on the team. I am grateful to Bresnik with who I always paid respect."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EHKaoM

No comments