Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'Rafael Nadal's loss to Fabio Fognini changes nothing'

In an interview Dominic Thiem commented on his feelings heading into the Monte Carlo Masters. The Austrian player said: "It was still a nice week in Monte Carlo, I lost to Dusan, the finalist, it was a good match. I come with good feelings in Barcelona, but I was fine, I practiced well, i watched Barcelona matches, walked there as well so I enjoyed my time."

Commenting furthermore on his loss to Lajovic, Thiem added: "The things I did not good in Monte Carlo, it was tough to play there because of the wind so we are having practice sessions here in tricky conditions which is good maybe and the most important thing is to get as many points on the clay courts now."

On his new co-operation with coach Nicolas Massu, Thiem added: "It's working out very well, very good intensity, I am having a lot of fun on the court and the big thing is that he played most of the players I face now so he knows some good tactics for them and it's working out well. It's pretty unpredictable now, I have to prepare well for every match. The level is very high and it's very tough to go deep in these tournaments."

On Rafael Nadal's loss to Fabio Fognini in Monte Carlo, Thiem concluded: "It does not change anything. He is still the favorite in these events for sure but it may be opens up a little bit. He was seen as unpredictable, it may no longer be like this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PU8Pe8

No comments