Breaking News

Roger Federer explains why he picked Madrid over Barcelona

In an interview to ABC, Roger Federer commented on how different his career is compared to the past. "Now I enjoy more, it's more relaxing", said Federer. "I look at everything with more perspective. I know how to handle the press, my family, the tour, trips, the training, the work, what I have to do... I do not have to train as much as before, the quality is more important. I have to be careful in not overworking and that allows me to have more time, I can be more with my kids and my wife, and I pick the tournaments I want to. The decisions are easier, I take them thinking of me. Before, I would be sleepless thinking in Rome, if I play there next week, at the fans, at what I like about the tournament, at how good you eat there... And now I think that I feel well and I can play, but before that, I ask myself: "Is it good for me, or not?" Decisions are easier at my age."

Why has he chosen to play in Madrid and not for example in Barcelona? "I think taking Madrid as a starting point was logical. I had enough time to prepare myself and then you have enough time to head well into Paris. It's a great tournament, a very well organized tournament. I like a lot to be here and I had success in the past. So it was easy to take a choice."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LqHhi2

No comments