Breaking News

Everybody likes Roger Federer, says Ilie Nastase

In an interview to Welt, the Romanian former world No. 1 Ilie Nastase was asked what players he likes the most. "I like Roger Federer as everyone does. I also like Grigor Dimitrov, this guy from Bulgaria. Unfortunately, he is not consistent enough. There are not many successful players on tour", admitted Nastase.

On Nick Kyrgios's bad behaviour, the Romanian added: "I went against rules and I got punished. But I wanted to be like that and I knew that I would be financially punished for that. You pay for it."

On how his life changed compared to when he was a player, Nastase said: "I do not travel as much as before. Now players compete in 14-15 tournaments during a season. At my time it was 32 a year. Davis Cup too. And I played singles, doubles and mixed. Some journalists often asked me why I did not train so much. I replied: When should have I done it? I compete in three draws per tournaments and that was normal. Look at the big legends: Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall or Roy Emerson. They won big titles in singles, doubles and mixed."

Meanwhile, Henri Leconte recalled his 1991 Davis Cup success: "It has gone a lot of time, but I still have images and emotions inside me. People still speak of that when Davis Cup comes around. It will always be something special and unusual for me, the biggest thing I have lived in my tennis career."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V2WTry

No comments