Breaking News

Petra Kvitova reveals how knife accident has influenced her

In an interview with Dnes Magazine, Petra Kvitova reflected on how her life has changed since when she went through a knife attack in December 2016. Even walking on the streets was tough for Kvitova, especially because it took more than a year to the police to catch the attacker. "I was afraid of what was next to me every day or minute, that was not pleasant. I always wished to know who he was and find him. Then it was in court. I did not wait with anxiety the day where I should have gone there, but I knew that it was not necessary. On the other side, I have another pleasant part of my life. Not a pleasant one, it could make me stronger. But I am happy it has come to an end", said the two-time Wimbledon winner. "When I run and I hear someone behind me, I stop and I expect to finish. I do not know like anything that happens behind me. That's why I do not like to go to the big shops or places where there are a lot of people. I do not even go to the metro. Sometimes I cannot pump up, sometimes I lose money because I do not manage to catch them properly. It took me a year and a half, maybe a year before I could get fit again. But during that time I did not take a rest, so I did not save energies, and I took a lot of medicines. But I could see how I missed tennis and I know that I will miss it when I will have finished. Now I think day by day."

Now she moved to Prague. "I want to go to the park - I go. For the coffee or shopping - I go. There is also an Airport, which is good for me because all the stops by Prostejov are not needed anymore."

She also reflected on the concept of sports: "When a woman picks the right sport and enjoys herself, why not do it? No one forces us to compete, and if we do not want to do it, we do not. Women definitely have a place in sports. Even at the highest level. I like that we get to the limit, both mentally and physically, and discover who was most strength and course."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WpHFOR

No comments