Breaking News

Featuring Rafael Nadal, Davis Cup to be exciting event - Lopez

In an interview, the former top 15 player and Madrid Open Tournament Director Feliciano Lopez commented on the new Davis Cup format. The Spaniard believes that the event, featuring Rafael Nadal, will be a success. "It's a new exciting competition", said Lopez. "A historical one, it gave us a lot, many people from many countries enjoyed it and I am in favour of this new Davis. All of us should back it and we have the luck that it takes place in Madrid. I understand that there are different opinions because it will be very different and that not everyone likes the changes, but sometimes you have to make changes."

On his season, Lopez added: "In the first tournament I broke my foot, then I went to Australia without training and then a stomach illness in Acapulco... I played very less, except Indian Wells and Miami where I was doing well, then I was not prepared. But there is still a lot left, I feel well physically and I have one tournament prior to the French Open. Then there is the grass season and then I want to end the year in the best possible way."

In press conference analyzing his win over Djokovic in Rome, Nadal said: "I don't care to win 6-Love or 6-4, being honest. That just a fact. I don't care much. I played a great first set in all aspects. No mistakes. Playing so aggressive, changing directions. Then this kind of days that happens. Is not usual and probably will not happen again. That's all, no? The first set is just an important part of the match. What helps the first set is to show that I was able to play at that level, no? That's important for today, important for tomorrow."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WTdUpL

No comments