Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I enjoy tight matches on clay'

Roger Federer was asked how it felt to play two three-set tie-breakers over two weeks between Madrid against Gael Monfils and in Rome against Borna Coric. The Swiss won both.

"I feel like I've won a lot and lost a lot like this. No, it was fun to be part of. Yeah, I mean, the thing is also once you end up in these situations and you've been there before, like not long ago, they're easier to play. The problem is when they never happen and all of a sudden they do happen. I feel like they're tricky because, I don't know, you put so much energy and focus on every single point. You don't want to do wrong, you want to do right. Things happen so quickly. It's like a penalty shootout at the end. Look, it was a great atmosphere. Definitely, again, felt like I got a little lucky obviously. Borna had the lead. There were crucial moments throughout the match, second set and third set, for me to stay in it. Things definitely went my way tonight", said Federer. On how he managed to play two matches over one day, the Basel native added: "I did have thankfully time in between the Sousa match today to break it up a little bit. For me personally, I think it's great playing this kind of matches here on the clay, enjoying myself. No, not all the time but in moments I did try my best at the end. I don't know, it's a weird one when they happen. Try to stay calm and do the right things. I think important is to sort of have a plan. That you do win and lose matches having match point, that's normal."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WdZFPr

No comments