Breaking News

Flavia Pennetta: 'Fabio Fognini listened to me more when we were friends'

In an interview with Eurosport, Flavia Pennetta revealed how Fabio Fognini's perspective towards her has changed over the years. They started dating each other in 2014 and in 2016 they got married. "I remember I had reached the US Open semifinals, I was coming from a wrist injury, the day after I met him in the gym, at the time we were not dating each other, he had just lost and I criticized him so hard! Because back in the day he was basically looking for me for getting advice and inputs, much much before getting involved in a love story. He was looking at me as a friend, she was probably seeing me more from that point of view and then, of course, things changed, but he was listening to me much more before than now!", said Pennetta.

On how it feels to triumph in Monte Carlo, the Arma Di Taggia native added: "It's an unbelievable feeling to have won it here in front of my friends. I always liked this event, I knew well the conditions, having born near the city I played a lot in this club, I like courts and balls. A lot of things led me to win a title. I have not realized yet in a proper way this success because it was an unexpected week, an intense week but I lived it well because I always went to dinner with my family and friends. It can well my top highlight in my career because I had never won such a big title. I dreamed it as a kid who wakes up and says he wants to be like Cristiano Ronaldo. If at 14 years of age they told me that I would win the title, I would have laughed. Now it's all new, there will be new opinions, new goals, but everything is normal and I am still the same person. I want to do so well and end the remaining part of my career in the best way.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JgmR8G

No comments