Breaking News

Frances Tiafoe: I want young kids to play tennis because of me

Rising American star Frances Tiafoe wants to inspire young kids to pick up a racket and play tennis. 

Tiafoe, whose parents emigrated to the United States from Sierra Leone, worked hard to be where he is now. 

The 21-year-old is one of the best American players and overall one of the most talented and promising players on the tour. 

Tiafoe, who claimed his maiden ATP title in Delray Beach last year, achieved his career-high ranking of No. 29 in the world earlier this season. 

"I want young kids to play tennis because of me. I want to really change people's lives with what I do for a living. When people count you out and say you're not gonna be that dude? Because of where you came from? Well, that's irrelevant," Tiafoe exclusively told GQ magazine. 

Tiafoe, now ranked at No. 35 in the world, also wants to ore younger crowd in the stands. 

"I think tennis needs more personality in it, and a younger crowd to follow the game and to make tennis look cool again," Tiafoe opinioned. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HAyGFB

No comments