Breaking News

Grigor Dimitrov: My week in Geneva has been great

Grigor Dimitrov lost to Federico Delbonis in a three-set match in the Geneva Open. The Bulgarian player said: "This week there has been a lot of focus on different things for me. Not so much on the results. I am trying new things, different positions on the court, different varieties of play and just pushing myself to a different game plan. I must admit, the first set was really good. I was very, very happy with the way that I was able to execute and, for sure, in the second and third sets, I was clearly not doing the things the same as I was doing in the first set... For me, it is a positive, to be honest. This week has been great. I have been practising every single day and haven't had one day off. I can put a lot into the storage right now for Roland Garros and obviously get out there and try to have better results."

Alexander Zverev defeated Ernests Gulbis 6-2, 6-1. The German said: "It was a good win, obviously [Gulbis] is someone that plays very aggressive and hits the ball very hard at times. [In the] first few games I thought it was going to be a very difficult match and then I picked up my level a little bit."

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga reached the quarter-finals in Geneva. The Frenchman said: "It was good for me to play a long match like this. I haven’t played a match this long for a while. I am not playing my best level, but I am giving everything mentally and that gives me confidence."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HDuXY5

No comments