Breaking News

Having Roger Federer, Djokovic, Nadal in Madrid is tremendous luck - Lopez

In an interview to Radio Marca, the Madrid Open Tournament Director Feliciano Lopez commented on how it feels to run such a big tournament like the Spanish event. "I am happy, it's a way for me to learn many things, it has been one of the best years we had. Players are happy, there have been many feedbacks. Some of them even call me Director! There are many interests, televisions, a women's event and a lot of things need to be together to make everyone happy. We make the best possible effort to make everyone happy and come to Madrid every year", said Lopez.

He also praised Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic who all reached at least Madrid quarter-finals: "When you have these three monsters and legends it's tremendous luck that just a few events have. In the last years due to many circumstances, someone did not have complete years, in some Grand Slams one of them did not compete and this week they are all playing and winning too. I would like to stress it."

On David Ferrer's retirement from tennis, Lopez concluded: "It was something very emotional, sad for him because we will not see him playing again and he has been one of my best friends over the last 20 years. We lived both good and bad things, especially good ones. But one day it will happen to me, he was greater than me but yes, sometimes I think of it. That's not an easy thing for any sportsman."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HhpbLl

No comments