Breaking News

Serena Williams was an underachiever before working with me - Mouratoglou

In an interview to Metro, Serena Williams' coach Patrick Mouratoglou shared his honest thoughts on how he was seeing the American's career before they started working together in 2012. "I think Serena was an underachiever", confessed Mouratoglou. "I told her the moment we started. For sure. The next three or four years with me – after she had the baby, things changed – but the first four years she stayed No. 1 for three-and-a-half years. Before me never more than eight months in a row.

She was doing incredibly well. She was incredible – that’s not what I’m saying – but she could do… and that’s what I said to her when we started to work together, she asked what I think, I said, “I think you should do much better. With the qualities you have, natural, your motivation, your mental – all these things combined, it’s unbelievable how good you are. So you can do better.” ‘Even Serena. And she did better, much better. If you look at the stats they became much, much, much better. That’s our job. But for that, if you’re not doing something really personalised you have no chance. He pauses before laughing: ‘Don’t make the title Serena is an underachiever, please. I see it coming already. She’s not anymore."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Hiqj0c

No comments