Breaking News

I hope Roger Federer plays 2021 Turin ATP Finals, says Berrettini

In an interview Matteo Berrettini commented on the chance to reach the 2021 ATP Finals in Turin, Italy. The Italian player said: "First of all I have to get there, and it's not the easiest thing. Anyways, if we want to dream I would see myself with Zverev, Auger-Aliassime, Tsitsipas and Shapovalov. And the older ones like Federer and others may be there too."

Comparing 2018 Gstaad and last week's Budapest, the 22-year-old added: "The first one was a surprise on a personal level. I was taking it day by day, without asking myself too much what I was living. In Budapest, I had more awareness and I was coming from a tough time."

Analyzing his season, Berrettini said: "The Doha loss to Roberto Bautista Agut was one of those matches where, regardless of win or losing, I was not able to be myself on the court. I was nervous and I was living it in a bad way. I worked a lot and I realized that going through those stages was normal. There were days where you feel fit, days where you are don't, but for the way I am, I struggled to accept it. I wanted to be perfect but I understood I cannot."

On his relationship with the Italians, Berrettini concluded: "I wrote to Fabio Fognini, he wrote to me, then I spoke with Paolo Lorenzi, Andreas Seppi, Lorenzo Sonego. We are all friends and we help each other. One week a player does well, then the following week another one. It's a motivation because if Fabio wins in Monte Carlo then you think you may win in Budapest."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H2F4p2

No comments