Breaking News

I would not be here without the Nadal Academy coaches, says Munar

In an interview, Jaume Munar commented on how working at the Rafa Nadal Academy in Manacor helps him. He said: "The figures of your family members, coaches, physiotherapists and the people who are next to you, that's the key so that a player grows. Especially in the Academy, I think there are very professional people, but at a personal level too. I would not be here without them. I am a 22-year-old kid with less experience and they know how to help me to learn."

Asked how he will prepare his grass season, Munar replied: "I want to take some days to reassess and change things because results have not come. I want to get focused on grass, I think it's a surface where I can do things well and I will try to prepare with calmness the next tournaments prior to Wimbledon. In the previous years, I played that tournament without preparing on the surface and, playing several events, I think I can do well. I am very excited because anyone who plays tennis knows that playing Wimbledon is very special."

Asked if his goal is to still break the top 40 rankings, Munar replied: 'Yeah. I like to set goals and I think I can achieve it. At the beginning of the season, I was closer and now I did not achieve what i hoped I would on clay but the ambition and desire to do well keep intact. A lot of steps are left."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KbZfTi

No comments