Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals funny reasons behind 2019 French Open kit

In a press conference, Roger Federer explained the reasons behind his brown Uniqlo outfit in the French Open. The Swiss player said: "It was more trying to go back in time a little bit to the '70s, you know, and haven't worn brown ever and cream. And I thought it would be a nice look, Uniqlo thought the same. When we saw it, we all liked it. I like it. I know this kind of colours always stirs a debate. You could always go safe and do blue with stripes in Paris and say, like, Okay, French people like blue and white and stripes. It's always going to work, you know. But we did it many times before in the past, and, yeah, so we thought brown would be the way to go. Old-school stripes. Maybe more vintage looking. I haven't gone back a whole lot in my career, you know, back to the '70s and '80s, to be honest, to look for inspiration. But I like it. I feel comfortable in it. Thanks for the question."

On Christian Ruud, Casper's father, being in the 1999 French Open draw with him, Federer said: "I knew he was in the draw back then. But I never played against him. I think Ivan, my coach, played against him. I mean, I know the guys I played before. It was different times back then. I'm happy, basically when I hear that it makes me happy that I actually had a chance to play that generation of players because they are still very different to the guys that are playing the ball nowadays."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EHaoI6

No comments