Breaking News

Justine Henin shares what she admires the most about Roger Federer, Nadal

In an interview, Justine Henin praised Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal as players and persons. The Belgian said: "I respect them for different reasons. Federer, it is the elegance. Federer has also been very smart, dealing with his career, the people he has around him, the way he stays away from injuries and tactically what he is doing on the court. Nadal is a great person. The way he is working hard, the way he improved his game. He is not the same player, not able to do a volley like he has before."

Henin also recalled some of the highlights of her career: "Physically, I worked at another level of intensity in the end of 2002. From 2003-07, they were my best years. I really gave a lot and I had injuries also. That takes a lot. I am not so strong. Physically, I have to be really good to perform against the other players. There was a lot of pressure. I wanted to go back to my personal life. I gave everything for 14 years since I was 5 or 6 year old. I have no regrets because I wanted to get closer to my family, fix my past and do other things. In my first career I was quite unbalanced. I was balanced in my professional life but I couldn’t find balance between the different aspects of my life. When I came back 18 months later, I had the ambition to say that I am going to live it differently. I am going to live it with more balance. I am more matured. I had a lot of success when I came back. Physically I understood I have to work hard again because the game kept improving."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2J0OEee

No comments