Breaking News

Nadal: Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and I did something exceptional

In an interview, Rafael Nadal reflected on the dominance of his, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer. The Spaniard said: "In order to (promote) tennis attracting the people who are not close fans, you need stars, very big rivalries... The ones that happened in our generation helped a lot, but you have to consider that it was something exceptional, with a player like Federer, who has won 20 Grand Slams, I have 17 and Djokovic 15, more than all the others you had before. It's not likely that it happens again soon. You will have to change rules and have new ideas in order to bring people close to the sport."

Will there be more Nadal academies in Mexico? "There is one in Costa Mujeres that is working very well, but you have no plans to open more there, per now."

What was his most special Grand Slam title? "There were many, but I cannot really pick one."

Nadal finally spoke about the Madrid Open: "I congratulate Feliciano for his new job and I thank Manolo for his support and for being a pioneer. I also thank the tournament organizers for choosing Spain and Madrid. The support I got in Madrid is difficult to compare with other places."

What's most difficult to cope with, the physical or mental tiredness? "If I am doing physically well and I feel competitive, i am doing well mentally. If that works bad, the mental tiredness appears."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V1fT9R

No comments