Breaking News

Nadal: 'Time will say if Garin, Jarry are better than Gonzalez, Massu'

Christian Garin and Nicolas Jarry have been the brightest Chilean players breaking through on the ATP Tour. In an interview, Rafael Nadal spoke about their growth. Garin trained at the Spaniard's academy for a year. "They are having a good evolution. We will see how they will do when compared to Fernando Gonzalez and Nicolas Massu, the time will tell, the years they have in front of them will tell if they are worst, same or better", said the 32-year-old.

On his win over Marco Cecchinato in the semifinals in Munich, Garin said: “It was a difficult match today, as Marco is a great clay-court player. Conditions were tough, it was pretty cold outside. Due to the rain interruptions, we had to play one game even three times, but I am happy to be in the final,” On his coach Andrés Schneiter, who he has been working with since last year's Wimbledon, Garin added: “Andrés is very important for me. We won three Challengers in a row last year and now I have made into my third final this season. He knows me very well and knows what to do. He and my physio travel with me almost the whole year. We work hard to get success."

He finally spoke about the final won over Matteo Berrettini: "I'm so excited right now. It's amazing. I cannot believe it, so I'm very happy. Of course, I need to keep improving. This is just the beginning. This is my first year playing ATP [Tour events full-time], so I need to improve a lot. I've been working hard, so this is a reward from that. I've been working hard. I'm trying to play every point. I'm trying to fight every point in the match and I think to be a good player I've been working a lot on my mentality and fighting experience, so I think that makes me win a lot of matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vR52oJ

No comments