Breaking News

Naomi Osaka comments on her long bathroom break

Naomi Osaka defeated Victoria Azarenka in three sets to reach the French Open third round. In a press conference, the Japanese said: "I think for me I feel like I didn't dip at all during this match, and she was just playing so well. I was just waiting for her to get a little bit tired. I think she did towards the end of the second set and the third set. So that's when I just tried to really accelerate on how fast I was sort of winning the points. After a certain point, I don't even look at the score. I just try to take it point by point. I have this mindset that I feel like I can win if it gets down to the wire, like, if I have to break a person, I feel like I have the ability to do that. So I probably shouldn't wait until the last minute. Yeah. Vika has the ability to hit winners. I don't think the other girl hit that many winners. I was more making mistakes. For me, that match, I just had to stop making errors, and it immediately became easier. But against Vika today, I don't know, I felt like once I was back, like, towards the back of the court and she was more dictating, then the point was immediately over. So I felt like I had to be more aggressive, and that's kind of hard to do while you're down and you have to win a lot of games in a row."

On why she left the court for ten minutes after the second set, Osaka added: "I don't know, because for me, when I went to the bathroom to change, I was freaking out, because I didn't want to get, like, a code violation. So I was, like, rushing and stuff. And then I came back and saw that she wasn't back. That kind of just relaxed me. I wasn't really thinking about anything, just, like, I'm first, like I was the first one back. So I was just like whatever. And, yeah, like, I was in such a rush changing, like, my hands were shaking during that entire time. So when I came back and saw she wasn't back, I just had a little bit of time to calm down and think about what I really wanted to do during the set. So, for me, I was fine She started making a lot of unforced errors, they spoke a lot about her outfit. I spoke about it in the locker room. She needed a bit of confidence. I saw her well, she ended up playing much better. A bit like Naomi Osaka the other day."

"Now I am in a happy situation that I have a coach with me. That helps me a lot in training and tournaments. I think my diet was key: I did not eat fish for a long time."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30V3rg5

No comments