Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios to play exhibition event prior to Wimbledon - Here is where

The Aspall Tennis Classic, a tennis event that takes place in the late June prior to Wimbledon, has announced its first four players confirmed for the 2019 edition. Marin Cilic, Lucas Pouille, Felix Auger-Aliassime and Nick Kyrgios will play there. The Australian will definitely bring some show and he looks forward to play there: “I’m looking forward to playing at Hurlingham for the first time and hopefully find a good rhythm ahead of Wimbledon. I’ve always enjoyed being out on the grass so I’m looking forward to the week", Kyrgios said.

Charlie Grave of IMG is satisfied with the player's field they built so far: “The Aspall Tennis Classic is one of the most unique and wonderful tournaments in the country, set on the stunning 42-acre grounds of The Hurlingham Club. The tournament offers spectators the chance to watch some of the world’s best players in an intimate environment as they play in a series of singles exhibition matches. It’s the perfect warm up to Wimbledon.”

Meanwhile asked if she plans to play doubles in Grand Slams, Simona Halep said: "Not for the moment (laughing). I just want to focus on singles and I play some doubles for some matches. And I love to play with Irina, we are friends, and it is nicer to play. But I play a few times a year, so in my mind it's not being a professional doubles player, so I will stay with singles for the moment."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Jg3BZZ

No comments