Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: Stefanos Tsitsipas has been playing almost every week

Alexander Zverev defeated Hubert Hurkacz in three sets to reach the Madrid Open quarter-finals. The German, who features in the Spanish event as the defending champion, has now won all the seven matches he has played in Madrid. "It's a place where I always have had good memories, I always played well, and it is nice to come back here and to show that I'm still one of the best players in the world and be able to play my best and always find a way as well. Today was a very tough match, so I hope tomorrow's going to be better for me. I needed that win for sure because the last two matches, I lost where I had match points and I lost 7-5 in the third and 7-6 in the third. So a match like this I really need. And I was down a break in the second, down with a break in the third, and I always try to find a way and today was very important I think for me. I'm still No. 4 in the world so I still know how to play tennis even though if I didn't have the results I wanted in the last few months. I didn't forget how to swing a tennis racquet and I hope I can play better. I hope I can still play better and continue building and then the results will come by themselves."

On his next match against Stefanos Tsitsipas, Zverev concluded: "Yes, a great player. Obviously, he's one of the best players in the world this year. Played unbelievable at the beginning of the year. He's played a lot as well. He has been playing almost every week."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/308rmZ4

No comments