Breaking News

No one can be compared to Roger Federer, says Richard Gasquet

In an interview to Le Parisien, Richard Gasquet commented on his comeback from a groin injury. The Frenchman went through tough times. "There must be a moment when you wonder if you will play again," the 32-year-old said. "But I never thought it was over despite the pain or the fact that I couldn't even walk. We often complain about weariness but we must not exaggerate. What I had is better than losing ten 1st round matches in a row! You run a little, you have pain, you do three abdominal exercises, you're dead. There is nothing more boring."

For Gasquet, the result in Madrid was not a priority. "The result doesn't matter. I'm already proud to be here. It's only been three and a half months since the operation, it's not long. I'm where I wanted to be in May. The goal is to start to feel good on the grass, to be 100% for Wimbledon. I think I can get back to a high level. There was a lot of effort, a lot of pain, & now there's a lot of apprehension. I've done a set here and there in training but that's it. I'm far from 100%. I'll play, try my best."

Gasquet believes that Roger Federer's longevity is unique: "We always say... Federer, he's 37 years old. But it's a very bad example. Nobody can (be) compared to him. I started in Monte Carlo in 2002, it's been more than half of my life."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Lz8TBK

No comments