Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: Becoming a father made me evolve as person, player

In an interview to Tennis Channel, Novak Djokovic commented on how fatherhood influenced him. In 2014, Djokovic and his wife had their son Stefan, and in 2017, they had a daughter, Tara. "It has impacted me, my career, my life everything," said Djokovic. "Positively influenced my character to grow, my evolution as a human being and tennis player and they are here with me, so that's important. In two-three Grand Slams, they are with me, obviously, Australia is a bit far away but they support me, my two children growing up, and being able to get that bless from life still continuing to play tennis at the highest level. I mean, I cannot ask for more."

Djokovic also analyzed his win over Hubert Hurkacz in the French Open first round: "It's been the best possible start to the tournament, I had a great quality opponent, one of the leaders next generation, he beat Dominic Thiem and Kei Nishikori, so obviously coming into the match I had to be very sharp from the beginning, I was and made a break on the first game and that relaxed me a little bit. I was winning most of my service games, I was very pleased with the kind of one-two punch game and very solid performance."

Djokovic is on a 22-match winning streak at the Majors. He is attempting to win all four Majors at the same time for the second time in his career after 2015-16. In those two years, Djokovic won Wimbledon and the US Open in 2015, and the Australian and French Opens in 2016. The world no. 1 also bettered his first-round record at the French Open to 15-0. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ELTZlL

No comments