Breaking News

Pella: 'I would like to face Rafael Nadal again. I learn a lot from him'

The Monte Carlo Masters quarter-final match between Guido Pella and Rafael Nadal was one of the best in the April month in terms of intensity and quality. The Argentinean lost in straight sets, 7-6 7-6 delivering a great performance. In an interview to ABC Pella was asked if he is excited to potentially face Nadal again in Madrid this week. "I would love to because he is one of the best in history and competing against those players you always learn something. For me it's very important because I do not stop learning and adding experience", said Pella. On how it felt like to win his maiden ATP title in Sao Paulo earlier this year, Pella added: "This tournament was something I thought of, I felt my career was a bit incomplete because of the first title that I did not achieve in many occasions. When I won it in Sao Paulo I started playing more relaxed and clear tennis. You have to fight all days to grow and win matches. You have to find a way to the problems that are coming up because otherwise, you are lower ranked."

He also has some regrets: "I am very anxious and in the past, I was influenced by that. I am learning to be more patient and not wanting everything straight."

Asked if he thinks the mental factor is the key, Pella concluded: "Yes, because sometimes you wake up and you have not the desire to go work. If that happens, you lose, then you have to find strength from some side to deliver a good match or training."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YlzQdD

No comments