Breaking News

Players respect me more since I beat Roger Federer, says Tsitsipas

In an interview to ABC, Stefanos Tsitsipas shared what changed for him since he defeated Roger Federer in this year's Australian Open fourth round. The Greek said: "I do not know what the other players feel about me. I can feel that now they respect me a bit more, I notice it on court when I play against them. It's one of the biggest differences than in the past. It's the only big change I notice. I think it's normal when you are starting. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic keep being there and they keep being so respected. I also note the difference with the fans. This is what changed the most, people recognize you more. There is a better connection because I also share other things with my fans. Hopefully, they like my little shows. I offer them an opportunity so that they know me more and better."

"I do not like to have haters, but at the end of the day, I know what I am doing is well, that's correct. I feel it's correct. So I try avoiding this kind of comments and focusing on my personal interests and passions in life."

Asked why people say Tsitsipas is different, the Greek replied: "I do not know, I suppose it's because I have the one-handed backhand, I am tall, I think I deliver different tennis than the majority of players do, more aggressive. More dynamic and unpredictable. I do not know how they see me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2E2kCm1

No comments