Breaking News

Playing Rafael Nadal on clay in 2017 and 2018 was veru cruel, says Thiem

In a press conference in Madrid Dominic Thiem commented on Rafael Nadal's current level. The Spaniard dealt with a knee injury at the beginning of the year and he is slowly getting back to a top level. "I played against him already in many stages of his game, I would say. When I beat him first in Buenos Aires three years ago, he was not playing really well and I played him 2017, 2018 when it was very cruel to play him on clay, I would say", said the Austrian. "And I think he hasn't reached that level yet in Barcelona, but still it was a very good game and I think that he's on the way back to the amazing level he had '17 and '18. But, I mean, it's already amazing, with the injury he had in Indian Wells, to be back at this level already now and I think he's only getting stronger the further the clay season gets."

Meanwhile, Juan Martin del Potro commented on his comeback to tennis after a knee injury: "Emotionally, I've found some similarities to what I experienced a couple of years ago, especially in the past month, when I had a couple of cloudy days. As soon as I injured myself emotionally it was very frustrating because I was very -- I was fighting at a very high level for important things. And while it was a set down, it was a sad situation due to that injury. But at that moment, we didn't think that it was something really that was going to take a long time. The doctors were really trying to help me, trying to solve the problem quickly and after that, things were a little bit longer. The injury wasn't -- I wasn't recovering as fast as I thought. The injury was a little bit more difficult than we thought. Time was going on and I was just trying to do a lot of things, trying to be back on the court. I still felt some pain, daily pain. I am still feeling it at the moment. And in those moments, where you maybe are not so positive, or where you are not so strong, of course, I started to remember the memories of the past and I started feeling what I might have felt a couple of years ago. But I think that right now I'm in a good situation and emotionally I'm feeling pretty well and I think that the negative things you have to leave them aside and right now, I'm trying to focus on the positive things. It's a good thing to be here and I'm thinking just to move forward and with all the experience that I have, try to do the things properly, try to do it once again, try to face the problems and just be back and do my best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JkqiLP

No comments