Breaking News

Serena and Venus Williams were my idols, says Svitolina

In an interview, Elina Svitolina was asked who were her biggest childhood idols. The Ukrainian said: "Andre Agassi. He is my idol, I grew watching his matches. I was seeing him Playing in the biggest stadiums and that was my dream, competing in front of many people and winning big tournaments."

As for women, Svitolina added: "Kim Clijsters, Justin Henin and Williams sisters too.

"I think it's a great tournament and it became a top event over the last years. Here everyone is prepared to face anyone. It does not matter who you face, all the matches are very hard. This event is organized in a perfect way and it makes the players feel very well. There are perfect courts to play on and to practice on as well, which is very important for a tournament like this that gets mixed with the men's. I enjoy it a lot because there are a lot of people watching tennis and it's a very passionate crowd.

"I try doing the best possible and give the 100 percent every time I am on court without caring if I am competing or training. It's important to be consistent and for me it's one of the goals, besides being healthy and being fresh mentally to compete every week at the highest level.

"I do not feel pressure. I just try to give the best out of me and whatever happens, will happen. I cannot control some things, but what I can control is to give my best and be hard on court. That's my goal now."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2J8yqPZ

No comments