Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Skipping French Open for three times helped my longevity'

In an interview to Tennis TV Roger Federer commented on the process he went through in deciding to play on clay again. The Swiss said: "I made a decision a long time ago, we were talking with the team at the end of last year about the clay-court swing, how it was going to impact the rest of the season as well and also the beginning so I really wanted to take a decision somewhat early within the team already and then at one point let the fans and press know as well, it was made based on mood, I was in mood to play again on clay, I was happy to do a build up on clay and I was also particularly happy to be back at the French Open that I missed three straight times, once because of the injury, twice because it was better for my health and better for my life, as a family, father and husband and also for my game, if I wanted to seek to stay in the game, I felt like maybe skipping the clay season was going to help me do that and it did, so it has been going very well so far and Madrid for me was always a logical week to comeback. It gave me enough time after Miami and gives me also enough time before Paris."

Federer enjoys playing on clay: "I like watching highlights and watching players play on clay, I think there is always the extra element maybe with the drop shot or the angles and the height of the ball that could play with, so I like it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LD1nWi

No comments