Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is the big favorite in Rome, says Emilio Sanchez

In an interview to Leggo, the tennis coach Emilio Sanchez made his predictions ahead of the Rome Open. According to the Spaniard, who won the title in 1991 and reached 1996 final, are still the same ones. "Do you think Rafael Nadal is not as big as he was in the past? Rome is the perfect tournament for him. Here he will be back strong. Even Novak Djokovic usually delivers great tennis. Younger players will have to deal with them. Borna Coric, Stefanos Tsitsipas and all the others are good but Rafa is another thing."

Sanchez also commented on the great time the Italian tennis is going through: "Italy always had good players even in my best years. But now that's happening more often. Fabio Fognini, Andreas Seppi and also Paolo Lorenzi lasted for a long time and they gave the time to make a real Italian school be born, like never seen before. Congratulations. Now Italy can really win a lot. They are guys who will make big steps forward. Everyone can go forward. I would be careful about making comparisons between the Italian and Spanish tennis, we won more but I look to the future and not the past."

Zverev is the defending finalist in Rome. The German said: "I'm still No. 4 in the world so I still know how to play tennis even though if I didn't have the results I wanted in the last few months. I didn't forget how to swing a tennis racquet and I hope I can play better."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WwRcnk

No comments