Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Stefanos Tsitsipas has a lot of potential and energy'

Rafael Nadal expects a tough semifinal match in Madrid against Stefanos Tsitsipas. The 32-year-old Mallorca native leads the head to head meetings 3-0 having won in 2018 Toronto and Barcelona, this year's Australian Open semifinals. "He's also a young player. He has a lot of potential, a lot of energy. He comes from a really good month. He's playing well. He has won a lot of matches in a row. So, it's going to be one of these matches that is an opportunity. It is a good test for me. I'm facing some of the best players. He has a lot of confidence. He's been playing well recently and it is an opportunity to test my level of the game and to confirm those good feelings that I have had today on the court. You need tough matches to be able to measure yourself, to be able to test yourself, to compete and to fight for every single point and to keep on finding the things that I might need. Weeks like this really help me a lot in order to build my game and to improve and tomorrow is another extra opportunity and, hopefully, I will be ready to play against an opponent like the one I have to face tomorrow." Nadal added: "I've been at the level I wanted to give and tomorrow it's another opportunity to play even better against a really young player. And today is a day to be satisfied, to be happy at things, how things have worked out today, and how I have been able to play against Wawrinka. I managed to play with what I needed and maybe I was able to give that extra bit and from now on, just to focus after today and to win matches like today are very good, to build-up my confidence, to do what I need. And I'm just happy to be able to play tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow, we will be able to confirm what I have done today."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Q10PZe

No comments