Breaking News

It's special to have Rafael Nadal advicing me, says Jaume Munar

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio, Jaume Munar commented about Rafael Nadal's influence on him. The 21-year-old has been training at the 17-time Grand Slam winner's Academy in Mallorca for some years and he has a close relationship with Nadal. "It's special. I feel really grateful to have Rafa on my back, we have a special connection, we share a lot of moments together, and of course, it's special to have someone like him advising you", said Munar during the last week's Barcelona Open.

Asked how many times he meets Nadal, Munar added: "Almost every day. We had breakfast today in the hotel and we try to meet each other as much as possible because it's special to have someone from Mallorca on your side when you are in Australia or any other part of the world."

"He tells me the more hours I put on my game, the more confident I will be on the court. To be consistent, playing my game and in the next few years, I can do good things. He tells me to keep working and keep enjoying myself."

Munar has been training in the Nadal Academy for some years and he has made some huge progresses there: "I got connected very well to the Academy because I am Mallorcan and I am at home, the people I spend time with are from the island too. Obviously for the method too, for the values, their work ethics and their way to perceive the sports. Both in the Academy of Mallorca and Cancun, there are good people who are excited about the project and they are doing a great job with me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vQfTzh

No comments