Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'Playing Rafael Nadal at the French Open is different'

In an interview as quoted by The National Dominic Thiem commented on how it feels to face Rafael Nadal at the French Open. The Austrian believes that the Spaniard has an extra weapon there. “It’s still something different to play him in Roland Garros, on Philippe Chatrier [Court] in best-of-five, than in any other tournament best-of-three. That’s one big step. Of course, I will try everything to win that tournament and maybe beat him there, but it’s very tough. I was pretty far from that until now but it’s time to improve. But also I’m a better player than last year so that’s what I’m counting on the most", said Thiem.

On his current level, the 25-year-old added: "If I see my results on clay the last years, they are very, very good. Two times finals here [in Madrid], two semis and a final Roland Garros, and I know myself how tough it is to get to these deep stages. I’m trying to stay relaxed because it can happen that I lose here first round or second round and still play well because these tournaments are so strong, and Roland Garros is the same. I try to tell myself that I’m tough to beat on this surface and if I’m 100 per cent, and if I’m fully pumped, then it’s difficult to beat me. That’s how I approach these tournaments.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Vi1hD5

No comments