Breaking News

Roger Federer can definitely win Madrid, says Richard Gasquet

Richard Gasquet believes that Roger Federer will be able not to only go far in Madrid, but also lift the trophy. In an interview, the Frenchman said: “When Roger comes to a tournament, he comes to win, and he can definitely win in Madrid."

Asked if it means something good for him to play in the French Open, Gasquet replied: "It always means something to play there. Winning three sets, it's going to be very complicated, but I'll be happy to be there. I've played a huge amount of matches (826) but I still have some more left in me. I just need to regain confidence in my body. Today I think it's at 60/70%. It's tough mentally."

Federer said: “It feels good to be back on the clay now, and I enjoy it, to be honest. Some of these rallies where you get pushed to the side, you slide, you hit the ball, you slide, you hit the ball, you come back into it, then you can defend in a different manner than you do on the hardcourts or on the grass.” The 20-time Grand Slam winner has low expectations for the clay season: “I don’t want to exaggerate after this first match. I think the next match will bring me a lot more information, and then we’ll see.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Hct4QB

No comments