Breaking News

Dominic Thiem beating Novak Djokovic 6-2 in training not relevant - Mother

In an interview to TennisNet, Dominic Thiem's mother Karin commented on how her son approaches the Madrid Open. Just nine days ago, the Austrian triumphed at the Barcelona Open. "I think he is doing well. I came here just today and I just ate with him. He is serene. After winning a tournament you are always happy. What do I expect from this tournament? Difficult question. He is here to play tennis well. You definitely come to a tournament to win, but he does it in every event, not just in Madrid," said Karin.

Thiem defeated Novak Djokovic 6-2 in a training session. How important is that? "The training is always training. Everyone is looking for something. Matches are different."

Analyzing his win over an injured Reilly Opelka, Thiem said: "It's very tough to play him, the ball is bouncing so high here and then I wish I would have won two more meters back there because I was going all the way back and still had that return over my shoulder. I think even in the future he will be dangerous for every single guy, so I am happy to be through and I wish him all the best. For him playing on clay is a bit tougher because he is so tall, he is hitting every serve full power so of course at one point it gets a bit tough physically but I need to be strong otherwise my game is not working. Even in the second set when he was not able to hit every serve full power it was still tough to break him but I am glad I broke him and did not take it to a tie-break again."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Hco0Nl

No comments