Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: 'Facing Rafael Nadal is always difficult'

Stan Wawrinka looks forward to facing Rafael Nadal in Madrid. The Swiss player defeated Kei Nishikori to book a quarter-final match against the Spaniard. "Rafa, it's a challenge to play him on the clay court. I have played him many times. It's always difficult to play him. Again, I'm happy the way I'm playing so far. I'm happy to be in the quarterfinal again, gaining confidence little by little. I know I'm playing well. I know I'm physically good, so we will see", said the Swiss.

On his clashes against Nishikori, Wawrinka added: "We know each other really well. We played many times matches. We practised a lot in the past few years also since we are on the tour. So we really know each other really well. We know what we have to do against each other. It is always the one who is going to be the most aggressive. I always try to dictate the match and I always try to serve well, to make him move a lot. And again, it's always been some difficult matches, and today was a tough one and I'm happy to win in two sets."

Wawrinka was once again asked about the changes on the ATP Board: "I'm not the president. I'm not the CEO. I'm nothing in ATP. I'm just a player. I feel like you ask me a question I don't have any power to answer. So far, it's a question for in three years' time. Since that, a lot of things can happen in the players' council and on the board. We don't know who is going to be the CEO right now. And that is probably the most important spot in the ATP. So that should be the main concern in the next few months, to find out who is going to be at this spot and what is going to happen in the next few years."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Hcm73d

No comments