Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I know more about Casper Ruud's dad than himself'

Roger Federer looks forward to facing Casper Ruud in the French Open third round.

The Swiss player said: "It's exciting for me too. I know probably more about his dad than about him. Even though I never played him, the father. I know that he's improved a lot, you know, in recent years, and I think he plays very well on the clay. Again, I haven't seen him play a whole lot. But for any 20-year-old to be on the big stage, playing a top guy, on a center court, that's what you dream of, at least I did. When you're growing up and thinking to be a professional tennis player, it's not so much about actually playing a certain player, it's about playing on a certain court. He's going to get that either Lenglen or Chatrier for the next match.

I don't know who he looks up to, but for me, it was special playing Sampras when I was 20. I played Pete at Wimbledon. Yeah, I mean, you have to take it all in, you know, enjoy the moment. But you have to believe that you have a chance. If you get to the third round of a slam, it's not by luck, you had to play some good matches. Today, by the scoreline against Berrettini, seems like he did his work, and he deserves to be in the third round. I will take him very seriously."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EFK4Or

No comments