Breaking News

Roger Federer's approach to tennis is unique, says Tsitsipas

In an interview to Tennis Channel, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on his admiration for Roger Federer. The 20-year-old Greek said: "He is still my idol, he is always going to be my idol, the things that he has done for the sport and that he is still doing, it's very inspiring. His career is unbelievable, the way he is playing the way he approaches tennis is very unique and not many people have that, it's amazing to see him play on a tennis court."

"I have to take it match by match. If I think too far, things might turn out to go reverse and go the other way around. So I don't want to think that far. Obviously, I want to stay here as long as possible, because the vibe of this tournament is nice. So let's just take it step by step."

On what makes the French Open unique, Tsitsipas concluded: "I would say that there is less traffic in Melbourne than here. I will have to admit that. I don't know. But I would say that Melbourne and Wimbledon are the quietest, most -- how can I say it? There is not too much noise going on. French Open and US Open are kind of noisy ones, my opinion. Obviously, there is a lot of attention on Wimbledon because that's the most historical tournament ever", he admitted.

Tsitsipas, an Athens native, will play the third round match on Friday against Filip Krajinovic.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Kexx8r

No comments